Search for Bogor Residents Trapped in Banyumas Gold Mine Continues Until Tomorrow
Bogor, Indonesianpost.com – Several personnel from the Regional Disaster Management Agency (BPBD) of Bogor Regency are still in the process of evacuating eight residents of Bogor who are trapped inside an artisanal gold mine in Pancurendang Village, Banyumas Regency, Central Java. The search efforts are planned to continue until Tuesday (August 1, 2023), seven days after the incident.
Adam Hamdani, the Disaster Management Officer at the BPBD of Bogor Regency, explained that this is in accordance with the Search and Rescue (SAR) Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
“(The search at the site) follows the SAR SOP of seven days, until Tuesday (August 1, 2023). Usually, there will be evaluations every night, and on the last day, we hope to have representatives from the families of the victims,” said Adam via his cellphone on Monday (July 31, 2023).
Adam stated that the joint SAR team is currently working to pump water from the hole where the miners are buried. Out of the total of 10 holes, pumping is being done in seven of them.
“The location is still undergoing water pumping. We are making various efforts, doing our best,” said Adam.
Furthermore, Adam explained that around the excavation area, there are about 10 old wells that are no longer in use. It is estimated that the water originates from the wells affected by the overflow of the river.
In addition, Adam said that the hole where the miners are trapped is currently inaccessible to the rescue team. The depth of the hole is estimated to be about 20 meters, and there are many stairs.
“When checked using a camera, at 18 meters, it can’t go further due to debris. It’s stuck at 18 meters, unable to move,” he added.
Previously, it was reported that the BPBD of Bogor Regency sent its personnel to assist in the evacuation process of eight Bogor residents who were trapped in an artisanal gold mine in Pancurendang Village, Banyumas Regency, Central Java. As of now, the eight personnel sent are still working on the evacuation.
Adah Sudarsa, the Head of Cilacap Search and Rescue Office in Banyumas, explained that the joint SAR team, coordinated by the Cilacap Search and Rescue Office, is making efforts to evacuate the eight miners.
“The eight miners have been reported trapped inside the mine since Tuesday (July 25, 2023), at 11:00 PM, when water suddenly flooded the mining area,” he said on Wednesday (July 26, 2023).
Based on the data, the eight trapped miners are Cecep Suriyana (29 years old), Rama Abd Rohman (38), Ajat (29), Mad Kholis (32), Marmumin (32), Muhidin (44), Jumadi (33), and Mulyadi (40), all from Bogor Regency, West Java.